Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Blog to End All Blogs (but not really)

I've taken a temporary break from blogging apparently...but I might be back. I'll summarize what I've been up to with photos (mostly just because I should be studying and not blogging right now, anyways)


My parents came in to town for Thanksgiving, and when my mom got here she surprised us with 50 pounds of mandarins. Yes, 50 pounds. Her other piece of luggage was mandarins. Proof that she loves me. For whatever reason, I hardly got any pictures of them while they were here...but this is proof they were. And man, the mandrins were good.



Guess who? How'd you know?! It's Leigh Tuohy (the REAL mom from the movie the Blind Side). Extreme Makeover Home Edition was in the Lubbock area building a new home for a family who lost a daughter because of texting while driving. The family now has a campaign called Remember Alex Brown to encourage others to stop texting while driving. Anywho...Ms. Tuohy was here to help encourage the family (or something like that) and she came to Tech football game to make an announcement. So I creeped a picture? Don't judge me.


And before this football game...


We spent the morning in the emergency room with my dad. He sprained his wrist the night before after he fell while taking a walk. He had to tell everybody the whole story and laughed the whole time. By the way, I have no idea why they had him put a robe on for a sprained wrist...silly doctors.



Nathaniel putting up our Charlie Brown-esque tree.





The best picture I could get.



The finished product...complete with stockings nailed to the wall. Hey, it's the thought that counts.

This is my cute sister-in-law, Rebecca. She's pregnant and due for a baby boy in February. I'm so excited to be Tia Hannah to baby Ethan! I got crafty for her baby shower and made the red flower on her dress (which I didn't take a picture of for some reason) and prepared a bunch of onesies with freezer paper stencils to paint as an activity...I'll post a how-to for the flower and the onesies later. And let me tell you...all the ladies at the shower loved the onesies -- it was definitely a hit!

So here's the set-up...

Close-up of onesies before paint

My samples, instructions and onesies ready to be painted.

Little girl giving it a try.
Drum roll please...the finished products. I'm excited how they turned out and will definitely do this again (hopefully soon). And like I said...a more detailed post of "how-to" coming soon.



Always,
   


P.S.

Look what I can do:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...