Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Associated Press, take 2

I had a story picked up by the Associated Press again! You can read the original version of the story in The Norman Transcript here or the one that ran in The Washington Times here.


This was a fun story to write. It was an honor to meet a father-son duo that love and serve each other so fully. Before arriving at the hospital to meet them, I prepared myself to meet a stand-offish 13-year-old boy who had no interest in expressing affection about his father, let alone holding his hand! What I found instead was a tender young man who love and respected his father and was grateful he was still around. I also wasn't sure what kind of condition dad would be in...but for just having a stroke, he looked great and his speech was pretty darn good. I mean, do you see that smile?!


So precious!

Always,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...