Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hello World!

Hello blogging world! So here I am...blogging. Never really considered doing this, but I am excited to be here and to figure it out.

For starters, my name is Hannah (If you hadn't figured that out already). I'm a total kid at heart. Disneyland and the beach rank at the top of my favorite list. I've been known to be bribed with children and ice cream. I've enjoyed anything creative since I was a kid...writing, drawing, photography, crafts, and recently have found a slightly better interest in cooking (I used to hate it!). I grew up in Rocklin, California and will always consider myself a Californian.


I love learning, reading and visiting with new people. Different cultures fascinate me. I came to Texas Tech University to study journalism, and have since discovered it's a perfect fit for me. Journalism allows me to do something new almost everyday, constantly be learning something new, as well as explore new cultures and different people. For the most part, I've really enjoyed it.

I married my best friend on June 11, and I can easily say it was the best thing I ever did and the happiest day of my life. Nathaniel is my best friend by every definition, and every day since we've been together has been an adventure...marriage has been no exception. We were married in the LDS Sacramento temple...I feel lucky to say I get to be with my best for eternity!

And here we are on our wedding day...I mean, come on, who wouldn't be excited for eternity with a face like that?!



We're currently living in Lubbock in Nathaniel's mom's house (thank goodness for selfless, outrageously loving mother-in-laws!), and I've been having fun organizing our house, decorating, and all around just "nesting". We've been to our new ward three Sundays now, and have already been given callings..as ward missionaries! You better believe I was way psyched. We get to teach the gospel principles class together, and I must say even though I never got to serve a traditional mission...my husband is the best companion I could ever have. I am definitely way excited!

I'm excited to see what this world holds for me, and more importantly, what the Lord's plans are. I've been told on more than one occasion that I'm a dreamer, a "cock-eyed optimist", that my head is in the clouds, or I simply am wearing rose-colored glasses. I don't object. I think the world is beautiful. Life is full of beauty. What's the point of living if we aren't finding joy in the midst of pain, the silver lining to a stormy cloud, the...oh, you get the point. With that said...I hope you enjoy my view on this crazy thing we call life.

Always,

1 comment:

dana_king said...

ok so at the moment, as your only true follower i feel it is my job to say.... 1. you are and never be like the "mindless, miserable fools" around you 2. your only 21 and to see you life down the barrel of a gun is just a little dramatic 3. my mom always says "you are aloud to change your mind" and 4. I love you, that has nothing to do with anything but i felt the need to share.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...