Friday, September 27, 2013

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I interviewed Jeff Kinney, author of "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series, because he was coming into town to do a fundraiser for those affected by the May tornadoes. During the interview I told Jeff that my 11-year-old writing student was a big fan but wouldn't be able to attend the fundraiser. I asked Jeff what kind of advice he would give to a young aspiring author. He answered, saying to practice writing in the style of favorite authors. And then the kicker: He offered to talk to Miles on the phone. I was shocked but so excited!

I emailed Jeff and Miles' mom, Amy, later to set up the phone interview. And then during our next class we practiced how the interview would go and what types of questions he'd ask Jeff.

From what Miles told me, the interview went really well! Amy texted me a picture of Miles after the interview:

A little excited!

So excited he got to talk to such a great author! Jeff is a humble, great guy. The kicker is...he still even has a day job!

Always,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...