I've been having fun the last few weeks trying to figure out new ways to style my hair. The other day I tried out a cascading braid or a waterfall braid.
Many of the photos I've seen of this style have the braid wrapping around the head. Some are styled like mine, but I got my inspiration from the lovely Isla Fisher:
I love Isla Fisher's hair color, and the braid made it even better.
Of course, I had to experiment more with my favorite kind of braid nowadays: the fishtail.
Really similar to Kourt's bridal fishtail hair.
Here's the steps to this hairstyle:
1. I didn't wash my hair the day I tried this hair style and instead, opted for dry shampoo. The dry shampoo adds a bit of texture to the hair, and helps hold a styled look together. I have particularly fine hair, so for me it's a must if I'm doing anything but wearing my hair down.
2. I curled my hair, obviously, but I'm sure this would look lovely with straight hair, too.
3. I separated two sections of hair on the top of my head. Starting about an inch or two back from my hairline on my forehead, I pulled a comb from the top of my head, to right behind my ears to separate two different sections of hair on the left and right. These are the two separate sections that will be braided together for the braid.
4. I pulled the largest portion of hair on the bottom out of the way, and secured with a hair tie (but you could also use a clip).
5. With each hand holding either the left or right section of hair, I twisted the sections of hair inwards (towards my head). I only did this a few times.
6. Without losing the twist in each section of hair, fishtail the sections together.
7. Don't remember how to fishtail? Look here.
8. Secure braid with clear hair tie. Spray with hairspray to secure.
Oh, and a side note...
I changed my hair, again. We all know how much I love doing that. I decided to try ombre hair color...because why not?
Subtle ombre/balayage hair color. A friend did my hair, and I do declare: she is a genius.
Make sure you enter my giveaway by Monday to win yourself a custom baby onesie!