photo ornaments for two of my friends
If I was a good blogger, I would have posted this a few weeks ago. I made a few ornaments for family and friends this year, and it is literally the easiest ornament you could imagine.
Here's what ya need: clear orb ornaments, overhead transparencies, printer paper, scissors, a printer and a computer
1. Find photos that will fit well compositionally inside the ornament...pick a few options, print them out on computer paper, 3x4 or 4x5 in size. Hold the ornament over the photo to make sure it will fit well.
2. Trace around the ornament on the paper. Cut the paper out, but leave a tab on top so you can still pull the paper out of the ornament.
3. Pull off the silver topper on top of the ornament. Curl up your paper and push inside the ornament. Let it unfurl and see if it fits properly. This will be your template for the overhead transparency.
4. Adjust the settings on your photo before you print it for the transparency. I used iPhoto, and set the saturation and contrast on the photos as high as I can. It might look a little silly on the computer screen but the high saturation and contrast will show up well on the transparency.
5. Print your photo on an overhead transparency. Then cut out the photo with your template -- be sure to leave a tab on top to keep your photo in place in the ornament!