Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Creativity: Al of Al's Narratives

Post 17 of HEIA: Creativity


I recently stumbled across Al's blog and instantly fell in love. She's quirky, witty and has an obsession that makes me think we'd get along just fine in real life (she'll tell you herself soon enough.) Now get a taste of her creative genius:



I’m not humble often so listen up: when Hannah asked me to guest post about creativity, I thought, “Crap, I’m not creative at all.”
I thought and I thought and I thought and still, I could not think of how I am creative.

So I took a poll amongst my three roommates--
Ali: “Your writing.”
Brette: “How you dress. You’re always mixing things up.”
Katie: “Definitely photography.”

Disregard Brette’s answer. I mean yes, I am creative when it comes to clothes. Sometimes I tuck a dress into jeans and make it a shirt, so there’s that.

But my blog isn’t a fashion one so if you’re rushing there now to see my fabulous outfits, you won’t find them.

I do like Ali’s response. I would say I’m a creative writer. A lot of readers say that I have a “different style” (I personally think it’s my Mormon obsession) and that’s what keeps them coming back for more. All I have to say to that is, COME ONE, COME ALL!
There will be sweet tea and cupcakes waiting for you.
(Southern hospitality ain’t a myth, folks.)
However, I agree with Katie the most.

Alright, now you’re thinking, ENOUGH WITH THE WORDS, roll the images. To that I have to say, yeah ok.




In all seriousness (because you were thinking I was all jokes), photography is a great way to express yourself. The cool thing about taking pictures is, you have a different style than anyone else. You see things differently than other people, and to capture that?

Now that’s creativity.


P.S. Want to add your voice to the discussion on creativity? E-mail me at hannahmoore2007 at hotmail dot com.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks so much for the feature! :)

Hannah said...

My pleasure, my dear!

Sherms said...

Fantastic pictures. I esp like that first one, really beautiful. I'd love that on a postcard or something xx

Annie said...

hahaha. i'm here from autumn's blog and she is as funny as ever! planning on checking out some of your other posts on creativity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...