Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012: Highlights

Honestly, 2012 has largely been a blur for me. Let's recap it, shall we, before I lose track of 2013, too.

January:

I wrote story after story and enjoyed a visit from two sets of friends! I got my first real taste of Oklahoma weather, and was deeply touched by a group of local students and their teacher.


February:

We headed to Lubbock to celebrate my only nephew's first birthday, watched my brother jam out with his band, and laughed at the weird books I get in the mail at work. I got a double-dose of Disney, both at work and in Orlando.




March:

I was asked to go to girls camp again and enjoyed a retreat in the wilderness with other leaders. I also enjoyed a delightful, accidental dinner with a perfect stranger while out covering a story.


April:

I soaked up Norman's Farmers Market, experienced a tornado and hope to never experience one again, taught an Easter lesson in Young Womens, and marveled at the strange people that occasionally wander into the newsroom.


May:

May kept me busy with artwork — here and here. We headed to California to celebrate my cousin's wedding and I gifted them a piece of art.



June:

For us, June means birthdays and anniversaries. I turned 23, Nathaniel turned 25 and we celebrated two years of marriage. I also had the most delightful visit with an OU art professor while at work.

July:

I tried my hand at the strangest origami — and failed, officially became a bridesmaid for one of my best friends, enjoyed a week in the wilderness at girls camp, and made my first Child of God artwork and a few more onesies.

August:

My dad came into town, we continued to explore Oklahoma City, and we went on our first family vacation with my cousin Kourtney and her husband. I also went a lil crazy and dyed my hair pink.


September:


Journalism took an interesting turn this month when I saw my first dead body as a reporter. Despite the tragedy of death, we traveled to Lubbock to celebrate the new life of our niece, Mia. Thankfully, I also discovered my heart is still beating. I was also asked to do volunteer public affairs work for my church.




October:


October went by in a total blur, but I did manage to finish some art and help put on an amazing race for a youth activity night.


November:

We took a trip to Dallas to visit our friends and meet the Tovar's new baby Belton. I recalled one of the strangest crime stories I wrote a year ago. Thanksgiving was quiet but I was grateful for Nathaniel for reminding me what's most important. We headed back to Lubbock, again, to be there for our niece's baby blessing.



December:

I was busy making lots of art — here, here and here. I had the best time visiting with Betty and Barry. I attended the Christmas concert I helped do public relations work for, and we enjoyed Christmas in California. We also attended a friend's wedding and had a blast visiting with friends and family.


Whew! Here's to 2013! In the words of my grandad, this year's resolution is: "Be kind, do good work and create joy." I think that about covers it. :)


Always,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...