Saturday, September 11, 2010

Learning

Because I could write a TON about what I learned today...I'll just keep it brief:

1. Physical and mental pain can't last forever -- one day I will have a perfected body. I can happily thank the Savior for that. I'm so grateful the Savior died for me, and one day I can be resurrected into a perfect body! This gives me an eternal perspective, an understanding that pain is only temporary, and floods my soul with sweet relief and peace.

2. Sometimes humility is a wonderful thing. I have an art class on Mondays and Wednesdays and nearly every time I go I feel like the underdog in the class. Although it might sometimes feel embarrassing...I'm happy to know I'm actually learning!

I also sit in that class and I am in absolute awe of the human body. It is so beautiful and incredibly engineered -- definitely the masterpiece of a loving Heavenly Father.

Which brings me to this conclusion...the same hands that created me, blessed me that I might create as well. Elder Uchtdorf says it way better than me though:



4. I don't think I could consider myself a career-minded/career-driven individual. I value my family above absolutely everything. Marriage and family are worth every single sacrifice -- to be slightly farther in my career, however, is not.

It sometimes makes me think of the quote from Pride and Prejudice..."What are men compared to rocks and mountains?"

What are careers compared to family and happiness?

Not much.

And of course...David O. McKay's statement: "No other success can compensate for failure in the home."

Ah, yes...careers are good, but not nearly as good as our sweet families.

5. I must believe and love in myself.

6. I've got room to grow.

7. Most things don't matter very much.

Always,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...