Thursday, September 23, 2010

Old School

Today's conclusion: I'm totally old school.


I prefer a book rather than a screen.
     I'd rather curl up with a good book and read and read and read than watch a movie. Don't get me wrong, I love movies and tv shows and the like....but I'd rather either read about it or watch it on the stage. Unfortunately these two options are either a) isolating and anti-social or b) a little expensive.

I prefer a pencil rather than a computer.
     I like to draw. With pencils. I'm not very tech-savvy, so I'm not good designing things on the computer or anything photo-shop-esque. I'm okay with that. I like photography, but I prefer film -- not a big fan of digital. Unfortunately, liking pencils and film won't do me much good if I ever plan to make any kind of career out of it. *sigh...*






I prefer writing a story rather than editing a video.
     I'm all about visiting with someone with a pencil in hand (okay, I must admit...a recorder is handy, but all you do is press a single button). Learning, asking questions, face-to-face, person-to-person, good ol' classic interview -- that's what I'm about. I don't like having to take video of an interview. First, I don't know how to work that crap, and second, it makes other people all tense and goofy and uncomfortable.

I think there's a reason I went with a print journalism major and a drawing minor instead of broadcast and photo -- I'm old school.


Besides...I'm an old married lady who likes to go to church and hang out with my husband. Sometimes, I don't really fit in with other people my age (ya know, twenty-something college students..woooo, party). But I'm cool with that. I'm old school.

Always,

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love Hannah - thats it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...