Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Morrow's Miracle Method, part deux

The art class I'm in is all about the human figure, and as a result I spend a lot of time Monday and Wednesday nights staring at a naked model and trying to figure out how to draw them out well -- meaning both proportionally and artistically.

Sometimes I succeed but I think mostly I fail.

The good news is, my teacher gladly announced today that we are improving:


"I really, really think the Big Mich is smiling somewhere. He's saying, 'These guys can do it.'"

And when Terry says the "Big Mich," he's really referring to Michelangelo -- ya know, the master Renaissance artist responsible for creating such works as the Sistine Chapel ceiling and the Statue of David, to name but a few.

Even though I'm positive I don't compare, I'll take whatever encouragement I can get.

Then maybe one day I'll produce something like good ol' Big Mich...but only if I'm really lucky.




Always,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...