Saturday, November 6, 2010

PB&J Cookies

I love peanut butter. I eat it straight out of the jar. When I was in high school my mom would pack my lunch with squeezable peanut butter. It was the greatest thing ever. I put it straight on apples, bananas and carrots. Delicious. I love peanut butter sandwiches, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and of course...peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.





So when I stumbled on to this recipe on a blog, I had to try it ASAP.

The beautiful thing was, all the ingredients were already in my kitchen. Perfect for impromptu baking.

The original recipe for PB&J cookies comes from Martha Stewart, but I followed the blogger, Alisa Burke's directions (they are slightly different -- take note of the ingredients, and Martha roles hers in sugar before baking, Alisa didn't and neither did I. Though it may have been yummy, I didn't feel like I was missing anything!)

What you'll need (according to Alisa):
     -1 (8t) stick of unsalted butter
     -3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
     -1/2 cup granulated sugar
     -1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
     -1 large egg
     -1/2 t pure vanilla extract
     -1 cup all-purpose flour
     -3/4 teaspoon baking soda
     -and jam...I used raspberry because that's what we had and it's my favorite!

They were delicious, and a wonderful nod to childhood lunches. They would be great as plain peanut butter cookies, rolled in sugar, covered in chocolate, with choco. chip, or with any assortment of jelly or jam. Loved them. ♥ 


    
Alisa Burke's, Martha Stewart's and my own (sorry for the crappy camera-phone picture). 
I put choco chips on some to appease picky eaters. Mine weren't very pretty but they tasted great!

Always,

P.S.
Be sure to check out Alisa Burke's blog for her PB&J cookie tutorial. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...