Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Speaking of Winter

"And now the snow was really melting in earnest and patches of green grass were beginning to appear in every direction. Unless you have looked at a world of snow as long as Edmund had been looking at, you will hardly be able to imagine what a relief those green patches were after the endless white."
-The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis




The second book in the Chronicles of Narnia. This story follows four siblings who are living in the country with the "magician's nephew" from the first book (who is now a grown man), and their experience as they accidentally stumble upon the world of Narnia. Several other characters are re-visited in the second book, but in such a way that the first and second books in the series stand alone perfectly but also fit together seamlessly. Entertaining, funny, moving and again...obvious yet subtle Christian symbolism. 
Always,

1 comment:

Sherms said...

I've recently finished reading Phillip Pulman's books because I liked the movie, The Golden Compass. Maybe next year I'll read these, I've heard such good things but never read them as a child. Help me, I was reading Danielle Steel. I'd love to write childrens books like these xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...