Friday, November 5, 2010

Quidditch?

I'm working on a story for a journalism class about the actual, real-life game of quidditch...

YES. Quidditch. As in Harry Potter quidditch. As in a broom between your legs quidditch. That one.

Did you know there is an International Quidditch Association? High school and collegiate teams actually play the fictional game invented by JK Rowling in her Harry Potter series. Seriously. They do. Complete with broom sticks and a "snitch" aka a cross-country runner dressed in gold clothing.

I'll be working on this story in a team for the next...nine days. I'll keep you posted. Stay tuned for more updates.

I know, right?


Always,

5 comments:

Laura Elizabeth said...

Matt played in a game on the Tech quidditch team...hahaha. It cracks me up! I can't wait to read the story!

Sherms said...

How strange! But I suppose you do get Tweens running around pretending to be vampires and warewolves, declearing undying love. Funny how some books just take over! xx

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! I can't wait to read your story; it's going to be great!!

Hannah said...

Laura - Haha! He did?! I only remember him saying he wanted to! Do you have pictures?! That's too funny.

Shermeen - that is so true! The written version of our story will actually be more about that...fanaticism! It should be pretty interesting. Our video package will be more about the game itself. Did you know Europe has there own leagues, too? Cracks me up. Is Twilight very big in England?

Jessica - everyone's reactions in class cracked me up! I hope the story can meet everyone's expectations!

Natasha said...

I recently read an article about that. I laughed myself to tears. I love the idea! Hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...