Experiment options: different seasonings mixed in butter or with Cheez-Its, melted cheese on top, different flavor Cheez-Its, etc.
What you'll need:
-skinned chicken breasts
-garlic, pepper, salt (and any other seasonings you'd like)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut breasts in half
3. Crush Cheez-It's -- I pour them in a plate and smash with a plastic cup. Since I'm usually only cooking for two, and only cook two chicken breasts, I don't need much. I have cooked this recipe for a large group and used a whole box. So you'll just have to eyeball it.
4. Melt butter in microwave -- again, eyeball the amount you'll think you need to cover each chicken breast.
5. Mix in garlic, pepper, salt and/or other seasonings according to taste.
6. Dip chicken in butter mixture.
7. Coat in Cheez-It crumbs
8. Place on greased cookie pan.
9. Cook for 30 minutes. It comes out juicy and perfect every time!
10. Not shown in my picture, but something we like to do...5 min. before the 30 minutes is up, place a half slice of provolone on each chicken breast. The Cheez-It crumbs turn out crunchy, and the provolone melty and gooey -- it's yummy!
You can eat this with just about any side you'd like...we've done salad, fruit, french fries, asparagus, broccoli, and today mashed potatoes! I used butter, whole milk, garlic and "Lawry's Lemon Pepper with zest of lemon" in them this time around, and loved how they turned out. Rich, melt-in-your-mouth, and hearty but still light and fresh with the lemon twist. And again, season according to taste.