Sunday, April 20, 2014

60th Wedding Anniversary

My grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary over the weekend. I was so grateful to be able to be back in California to celebrate such a milestone with them and my entire family (save for three cousins and a few in-laws).

It was a special occasion to have most of us in the same spot, and I will forever cherish the conversations I had with both of my grandparents. Grandad, 84, was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. Unfortunately, the cancer has spread to his spine. Though we don't yet know his prognosis, we know at his age, it's only a matter of time — month or years. We sat and talked about life lessons he has learned, and I asked him for advice he'd give me as I approach motherhood and anything he'd want to tell his great-grandchildren. It was a tender exchange between the two of us and my cousins, mom and aunt that were also gathered around. I loved seeing my grandma, 79, tear up as she viewed a printed version of one of her wedding photos.

All of us! I am so grateful that my family can be mine for eternity!



The cousins.

With my parents and brothers.

And the three generations of Hurst women. Fourth not pictured, but soon enough! :)

Always,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...