Chocolate Covered Peeps!
|Nathaniel was so excited when I told him what these cute lil bunnies are! He loves Peeps...can you tell?
-chocolate chips (milk, dark, white -- whatever. You could even do butterscotch)
-Small cellophane treat bags*
*You can find both of these at the local craft store in the cake-making section.
1. First things first, melt down your chocolate! We used Nestle's chocolate chips, poured into a plastic mixing bowl and heated in the microwave. Throw the chocolate in the microwave for a few minutes, then mix with a fork. Keep heating as necessary until the chocolate is at a creamy, "dip-able" consistency. You may have to reheat the chocolate later if it starts to harden up.
2. Dip the sticks! We dipped the lollipop sticks in the chocolate then slid them from the bottom to the top of the Peeps' head. We then placed the Peeps on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. This will help the Peeps from sliding off the stick when we dip them in chocolate.
All our Peeps on their lollipop sticks.
3. Put the Peeps in the fridge! This will help the chocolate cool, sticking the Peep to the lollipop stick. It only takes about 15 minutes. You can place them in the freezer if you'd like.
|Cute lil Peeps chillin'!
5. Time to decorate. After you've dipped the Peep, place on wax paper. Immediately place round sprinkles as eyes and nose. We also dipped a few in normal-ol' sprinkles...but they weren't very cute.
6. Back to the fridge! After you're done dipping and decorating, place the Peeps back in the fridge.
|Kourt, me and Momma waiting for the bunnies to chill...can you tell we're related? And really excited about our bunnies?!
7. Pack 'em up! After the Peeps have chilled thoroughly place in cellophane bags and tie with ribbon. The ribbons were about a foot long.
♥ ♥ ♥Cute, easy, fun and deeeelicous.