Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chocolate Festival

My town loves chocolate. Seriously, I'm not kidding. They do. Every year, they throw a big festival in its honor. This year, Nathaniel and I got free tickets to go.

Holy deliciousness! This was heaven.

Vendors from all over gather to dish out their best chocolate samples. And the best part: all the money goes to supporting local art!

In the center of the ballroom they had kid art activities.




They give you boxes for your goodies, too...so you don't have to eat everything at once.



Before the festival, I interviewed a local chocolatiere. He gave me all the tips on how to spot quality chocolate, and how chocolate should taste and feel in your mouth — Grandad totally would have appreciated this guy! And then, when I saw him at the festival, he hooked me up with double samples! You can read my story about the science/art of chocolate here.



Two of the many people in the crowd enjoying the chocolate.

Not a bad day!

Always,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...