Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Family Crest Art

My dad spends time on family history sights like the average 17-year-old spends time on Facebook. To say he loves his genealogy would be an understatement. The man spends hours tracking his ancestry and reading the history of family members past. So with Christmas approaching I knew making him a series of family crests would be the perfect gift.

crest1
I painted the crests with ink. Each is about 5 inch. by 7 inch.


As I worked on my dad's gift I got more and more excited to show him what I had come up with. I felt certain he would love what I came up with. When he did open them, he seemed underwhelmed at first. He thought I had just printed the crests from the computer and didn't see what all the fuss was about! Once my mom pointed out they were painted he got pretty happy. His reaction after that: He had a whole list of additional family name crests I would need to add to his new collection! That's a successful gift, if you ask me!

crest2

crest3

crest4

Always,


5 comments:

Liesl said...

Hi Hannah!

I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Congrats! Please follow the link to see what you have to do next.

Love,
Liesl

http://www.pretty-random-things.com/2013/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

Kristin Noelle said...

Love this picture, kind of looks like the Queen emblem (if you know the band). I'm following you now, please check out my blog! It'd mean the world to me. :-)

Kristin
www.kristinsblogofshenanigans.blotspot.com

Hannah said...

Thanks, ladies!

aw said...

Hannah its so beautiful .

i can make Wire Hand Embroidered Family crests.

http://welldonebadges.com/

Hannah said...

Thank you, Welldone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...