Sunday, August 21, 2011

(Almost) Silent Sunday: The Temple

I love Sundays because every Sunday is the Sabbath day -- a day set apart from the rest of the week to rest from worldly concerns (like work or school) and focus on the Lord. It doesn't always mean the day is literally silent, sometimes I am with not-so-quiet family or friends or sometimes I am serving or teaching, but somehow it always restores my spiritual batteries and prepares me for the week of work ahead.

Sundays are peaceful. So was the morning we went to the Sacramento temple to get married. The temple grounds feel like Sunday every day -- peaceful and always set apart from the concerns of the world. I found the following lil' beauties on my mom's computer. It's us in the parking lot the morning we got married before our marriage ceremony. They're just snapshots my mom took, but they definitely make me smile and help me feel a tiny bit of that peace I felt that morning.





Always,



P.S. Link up your own "silent sunday" at For the Love of Blogs.

5 comments:

Amanda C. said...

Ya'll look so happy. Thanks for sharing. Have a peaceful Sunday.

Hannah said...

Thanks, Amanda! You too :)

Tina Golightly said...

Awww, you look so happy in those snapshots! Your mom did a great job at capturing such happy moments. I'm feeling pretty peaceful over here as well. I love Sundays, and I hope yours is going wonderfully. :)

Unknown said...

What lovely photos of such perfect memories!! They made me smile too!

Kathy
http://www.thetruckerswife.com/index.html

Hannah said...

Thanks, Tina! I sure think my momma is brilliant, haha!

Kathy, thank you! Photos of happy memories (even if they aren't my own), always make me smile, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...