Friday, December 30, 2011

2011: Highlights

2011 has been a crazy year, and I honestly cannot believe it's over already. What's even crazier to me is: I have no idea what 2012 will bring. Since I can't predict the future, let's look at where 2011 took me...

January:

We took a road-trip to California that included home-made candies, Disneyland, a dueling piano bar and reminiscing.


I started my last semester of college, part of which was spent as an intern at the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.

Then I got this crazy idea I should train for a triathlon, which was awesome -- at least for awhile, until health issues and stress got in the way.


I took photos of my pregnant sister-in-law, Becky, in anticipation of the baby boy she would soon deliver.




February:

The boss-lady told me I didn't suck, which I promise was a compliment. And I got published.


My nephew made his biggest and greatest debut.


Our kitchen flooded and the firemen saved us.

And somebody got the crazy idea to invite me to be a camp director.


March:

I covered the Japanese earthquake and tsunami from a local perspective.  I was in the newsroom all day long, but it was totally worth it.


My photo was on the cover of a magazine I worked at, I designed my graduation announcement, and I got crafty with my girls camp girls.

April:

I had my very first guest post at See Sallie Run, all about faith.


I made chocolate-covered Peeps...yum!


May:


I showed off the art I created during the semester.


Texas Tech gave me a piece of paper that made me a professional.


I took engagement photos for some friends.

June:

I got crafty again with the camp girls and wrote a freelance story.


We celebrated one year of marriage.

And I was blessed to spend a week at girls camp with girls that taught me more than I taught them.

July:

We took a trip to Oklahoma and decided to make a pretty big move.

Some strange man sold me steak at my door, and we locked ourselves out of our house.


I threw Kourtney, my cousin, a bridal shower -- including homemade decorations, strawberry frosting cupcakes and strawberry ice cream.

I shared my ideas with you on how a women's self-image is so wrapped up in two things: weight and beautiful hair.

And...we made the move.

August:


We flew to California for Kourtney's wedding and had an interesting time getting there. While we were there, we also went on a white-water rafting adventure.

I told you about my grandmother's lucky coin, and shared my favorite braid.

And my favorite...I started a series on creativity.

September:

We explored Oklahoma -- including Bricktown and the many delicious foods of the state fair.

I began volunteering for Segullah and I shared with you what I think are common misconceptions on mental illness.


I made a whole slew of baby onesies.

And how could I forget? The best weekend ever aka being sick and having my car broken into.

October:

My grandmother's lucky coin finally worked, and I could officially call myself a journalist.


I experienced Oklahoma in its truest form: football and rain -- oh, and Bricktown, again.

I hosted my first giveaway.

And we talked about the strange need to be perfect, and what it means to be Mormon.

November:


Work had gotten crazy but I shared some of the most important things I'd learned.

Oklahoma had a massive temper tantrum in the form of tornadoes and earthquakes in a 12-hour time span.

I showed you some of my favorite candid wedding photos and I posted on Segullah.

December:

I embraced my newly-discovered laugh lines.

I took a quick trip to Utah, visited Temple Square and partied for my cousin's wedding.

Our Christmas was simple, but I shared a fabulous Christmas book and how to make an easy-peasy ornament.

How was your year?

Always,

4 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

I just clicked through from Nat the Fat Rat's comments--and it looks like I've missed an exciting year in your life. I saw that you're a writer though and have done some freelance--me too! And if there's one thing I love, it's blog stalking the life of another writer. :) I'll be back for sure!

sarah
reverie.

sarahannnoel said...

Oh. And also. Your wedding dress? INCREDIBLE.

Amanda C. said...

What an exciting year. That bridal shower was too cute. Just wanted to let you know that I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Stop by if you would like to claim it.:)

ConnieB said...

What a great year! I just realized you also gave me a sweet shout out about my blackberry frosting (: You are too kind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...